Revision of the operation rules for the prevention of infection
Sugata Research has been establishing operational rules for infection prevention measures in order to conduct in-person interviews safely. However, following the recent downgrading of the status of new coronavirus to category 5 under the Infectious Disease Control Law, the guidelines will be revised as follows for in-person interviews conducted on and after May 8, 2023.
Management of Participants
- The questioning of following items are no longer required at the time of screening
- Fever within 2 weeks and/or in close contact with someone infected
- Travel and vaccination history
- If the applicant has a fever or any other health condition before the day of the fieldwork, a report will continue to be required.
- To be indicated in the research outline within the screener and in the invitation letter.
Report of infection after completion of fieldwork
- The obligation to report infections after the completion of the inspection will be eliminated.
Operation Rules for in Facility Interviews
- Number of respondents: unlimited
- Number of people in back room: unlimited
- Wearing a mask: Optional
- It is optional for the respondent, moderator, interpreter, client, and our staff.
- Obtain prior permission from respondents to the effect that it is voluntary.
- Fieldwork with tastings and mock-ups are acceptable.
- Ventilation measures and alcohol disinfection of seats, desks, etc. at the end of each session will continue.
Operation Rules for Home Visits
- Number of visitors: No limit (but the size of the respondent’s home must be taken into consideration)
- Wearing masks: optional for the respondent. Visitors (moderators, interpreters, clients, and our staff) may wear masks according to the respondents’ wishes.